NZ - Help
For immediate help:
111 - If in immediate danger
0800 611 116 - Healthline
1737 - 1737.org.nz
000 if you are in immediate danger in Australia if you are a NZ veteran 12 11 14 - Lifeline Australia
1300 659 467 - Suicide Call Back Service
www.veteransaffairs.mil.nz - When you log into the site, on the top right hand corner is a button “Need urgent help now? Click on that and it takes you to a page which gives two options - 1. If you live in NZ and in immediate danger call 111. It then lists other numbers, among which is 1737 which is a 24 hour number.
Under the new website banner, there are three buttons, depending on what type of support you are seeking.
Currently Serving, Ex serving, Family and whanau. Click on Get Support below each one
to see what kind of information is available. There is a wide range of information throughout the site, and at the bottom of the home page, all of the available quick link topics.
With courtesy of the New Zealand Department Veterans Affairs, listed below is a comprehensive list of contact numbers in NZ for getting help:
· Need to Talk - Free call or text 1737 any time for support from a trained counsellor
· Lifeline 0800 543 354
· 0800 NZDF4U (0800 693 348) confidential helpline staffed by trained mental health professionals
· Suicide Crisis Helpline 0508 828 865 (0800 Tautoko)
· Healthline 0800 611 116
· Samaritans 0800 726 666
· Depression Helpline 0800 111 757
· Alcohol and Drug Helpline 0800 787 797
· Are You Ok Family Violence Helpline 0800 654 655
· Anxiety Help Line 0800 269 4389
· Women’s Refuge Crisisline 0800 733 843
· Rape Crisis 0800 883 300
· Outline for sexuality or gender help 0800 688 5463
· www.health.govt.nz/your-health/services-and-support/health-care-services/mental- health-services/crisis-assessment-teams
· No Duff 022 307 1557 or firstname.lastname@example.org
www.rsa.org.nz - This is the website for the Royal New Zealand Returned and Services Association.
On the banner, “Get Support Now” takes you to the get Support page, and when you scroll down, there is a button Need Help Now? When you click on the Arrow on the extreme right side of the page, it give the numbers already listed above.
Navigating the site is very easy, and there is a wide range of information available.
Explore it completely to ensure you know the full extent of the services and information available, and all the support that’s offered to members.
If not already a branch member, locate your nearest branch, then contact them to get access to all the support services available.
The book will give you a complete roadmap to take back control of life by showing you how to conquer PTSD so it no longer controls your life, to then implement the 5 Step Life Plan with the 7 Pillars to Success.
When you do this, no matter what your current circumstance, you will be able to live the life you want for you and your loved ones. One of fulfillment, true happiness, success in the truest sense of the word, to live the life of your dreams and aspirations, whatever that might be for you.